Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Week 12

Yesterday (Day 78) morning I drove by the house to see if the cabinets and framing arrived since it was not there as of Sunday evening. As I drove down the street I immediately noticed lots of movement in the garage. Our cabinets, doors, and all  the framing were there! I wanted to go check it out, but I would've definitely gotten knocked over or just been in the way. Hubby decided later that evening that he would go back and take more pictures for us, and had them ready for me when I walked in the door last night. He's the best! He's pretty laid back and doesn't get excited about things in advance, but he did tell me now that he can see the cabinets, it is becoming more real and exciting to him.

This Saturday we had someone come out for an estimate to have our 1st floor painted, and we both almost died when they said $2200. We have another estimate this Thursday, but if they come in just as high as the other people did hubby said he will handle it himself. 

Clove kitchen cabinets. We're missing a cabinet to the left of that window, I guess we will wait to see if it appears by the end of this week otherwise I will send an e-mail.  

More beautifully dusty cabinets

I am so happy with our Santa Fe doors that we have throughout the house.  This is the coat closet

Our double doors to the master suite

Master bath cabinets

Our in wall medicine cabinet

Bath 2 with the single vanity that we elected for instead of  the knee space

Laundry room cabinets


Despite us closing on the 20th, we've decided that we're not going to move in until the 30th of November. That gives us time to get the house painted and get our furniture and appliances delivered. I currently am scheduled to work on the 30th, but will see if I can do some fa-dangling and trading with someone. We shall see.

Until Next Time,
-The Alexander's

4 comments:

  1. Yes painting it expensive! I'm planning to spend that money elsewhere and paint the house ourselves. My husband and I were going to tackle it together (he'd do the edging & cutting and I'd do the rolling) but since he will have to spend several days debriefing when he gets back, I'm going to paint by myself. ...Be sure to look for that post--I'm pretty sure it will be interesting.

    Good luck on your painting contractor hunt :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was seriously surprised with that high of a price. Especially when the guy kept saying "oh this is a small project ". I think we found a solution that I definitely plan to write about either later tonight or after another estimate tomorrow. I was ready to paint, but my husband said he'd rather do it alone while i'm at work.

      Delete
  2. The house looks great I really like the cabinets and the interior doors you will have so much fun decorating and putting things in order! I cant wait to move to TEXAS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Where in Texas are you moving? You can't leave behind that gorgeous house. How's it coming along?

      Delete