Saturday, October 12, 2013

We have walls

We went by the house not to long ago and noticed that there was a man walking on stilts and numerous other people inside. Come to find out they were installing our drywall. Hubby wanted to ensure that they added the extra deadwood in the master so we could mount or TV, but that space was already covered. We of course didn't want to slow them down or distract them so we left right back out and didn't get any pictures. I guess we will just have to go back tomorrow morning. Oh yeah today marks Day 69.

There was no progress yesterday (Day 68), and on Thursday (Day 67) all plumbing corrections to bath 2 were made.


I will do my best to update with pictures tomorrow after our visit. 

Until next time,

-The Alexander's

2 comments:

  1. I love how you are chronicle the events of your home. The pictures are my favorite way to catch the guys in action. lol I have mostly action shots of our home during this awesome phase. I am glad to see the tradition of writing the scriptures in our homes. We started this over a year ago. The first day I wrote the scriptures, my DH took the lead and the next two days I wrote at least three scriptures in each room, on the steps, in the garage, and inscribed our names in the cement. Three days in total. I even wrote them on the island. For some reason, they did not cover the back for several days so you may have time to add more should you desire. My favorite: Ephesians 3:20. I got a kick out of seeing the man on stilts. They typically use a 16 inch gap between the 2*4s. You can also buy a stud finder with the beeper to identify them and mount your television securely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really wanted to write our initials in our foundation, but we were out of town when it was actually poured. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to write in our driveway cement. We do have a stud finder, it's just currently packed up until we get in the house.Hubby said that he was going to use the stud finder when the time comes to mount the TV. I can't believe that next month this time we will either be homeowners or preparing to close and move in our new home!

      Delete