Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Week 11

10/14/13 Day 71 
Stopped by the house and saw all of the guys working hard to finish out all of the drywall. One of the guys informed me that's. Different crew would be by to do the mudding on the drywall.  It must have been close to 10:30am and they were all in the garage finishing up. 




Day 72
We made an agreement that we would not visit the house until Thursday, since we assumed that it wouldn't change much between now and then. Well 8 hours into my 12 hour workday I had a change of heart. I called up hubby and asked if he could stop by and see if anything has changed on his way home. Being the awesome man that he is- he agreed! An hour later I received an email titled" Time for the Brick". Despite the title, nothing could have prepared me for this:

He didn't go in since the guys were still working, but if you look close enough you can see that the mudding in the garage has been done.

For the past 2 weeks we've received numerous e-mails from our loan officer with different interest rates. After much thought, we decided to lock in our interest rate. Unfortunately it is not as great as rates were when we first started this process, but hey what can you do?

Day 73
Initially, we made an agreement to not go back to visit the house, but yeah I broke down and did it after attempting to get an oil change. It was so rainy and muddy, but I was determined once again to get an up close view of our brick as well as see the inside.  I really love how the brick is coming together, but feel like it's a shade darker then what we initially thought it would be. 

I have no clue what the trailer is there for, because they definitely were not at our house.


My in the car photos weren't cutting it, so I got out to get a better view of the brick. 

After seeing the brick, I woke up with a little anxiety and felt the need to start scheduling estimates for painters, measurements for blinds, and quotes for movers. We went out to Home Depot and scheduled for them to come out and measure the morning of October 30th.We have 2 estimates scheduled- one this Saturday and the other October 24th. I haven't gotten an estimate for any movers just yet, but trust and believe that is on my to do list for before I go back to work on Friday. 

 I am going to try to put together a post of our house buys so far, if not this week maybe next week.

Until next time,
-The Alexander's

No comments:

Post a Comment