Friday, October 25, 2013

Decorate this house

Lets talk paint:
At this point we have only figured out paint for the first floor and stairwell. Majority of the spaces will be the 1st color on the tan pallet sample with an accent wall in the living room with that dark brown color. The 2nd gray color is the color our powder room will be.  
 

I found this photo on the internet. This color is called Merino by Behr paint.
 
Once again this is for our accent wall in the living room in which the TV will be mounted off. This color is called Cocoa Shell. 
Hubby is a huge San Antonio Spurs fan, so we decided on this Iron Mountain gray color. I will probably check Etsy for a wall decal and will lighten it up with white and chrome accents.

Bathroom/ Powder Room:
I ordered these hand towels for our powder room, and am so happy with how they turned out.
Living Room:
Hubby fell in love with this couch as soon as we walked through the door. He wasn't too fond of the pillows, but felt like they were doable. I initially liked it, but once I sat on it and further inspected it and saw the pillows I knew I loved it. Nothing else that we saw after this held a match to it. 

We haven't purchased this just yet, but we are looking at this in brown. 

Dinning Room:
This will be our dinning room/ everyday table. It is counter height as you can see, and has a butterfly piece that folds under to adjust the size. 

We chose these chairs in place of the one's that come with the table
 Kitchen:
Our 31 cu ft Kenmore Elite refrigerator that we purchased during the Labor Day sales. Next month this time they will be delivering this beauty to our new home. 

Outside:
When we went on the Disney cruise back in August, I saw a Mickey gnome at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney and knew that I had to have this for our front porch. I was told that I could always order it online, but by time we returned home it was no longer available on the online store. Somehow I found the phone number to the store and learned that they sold a Minnie gnome, called them and the rest is history. They are both 13 inches tall and so freaking cute. Initially the plan was to put it on the front porch, but there is a stop sign across the street from our house and the hubs thinks someone else may like them as much as we do and take them.  This was our first house buy, and one I am most proud of!


Until Next Time,
-The Alexander's

6 comments:

  1. So did you find a reasonable paint contractor or are y'all going to DIY?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the contractors that the builder uses to paint are going to do it as a side gig one we close.

      Delete
  2. I think those colors will all pull together nicely! Thanks for the idea ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your choices as usual! Its going to be a very grand home when its complete! you go girl!

    ReplyDelete