Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Our House is 90% Complete!

Today marks Day 100/ Week 15 of our process, and so much has happened since our last post. This past Saturday the bottom half of the driveway was poured. Sunday there was no change. We were disappointed and thought nothing would happen being that the following day was Veterans Day so we assumed not much would change.


Yesterday (Day 99), the tile guys were back adding grout to the back splash that morning. We didn't want to be in the way so we decided to come back later that evening. We were both shocked to come back and see lots of carpenters and painters cutting up trim for the interior and adding finishing touches to the exterior as well. We didn't get out due to all of the men still working but we did notice the other 1/2 of the driveway was present.YAY! When I got home I then became convinced that they mistakenly painted the shutters the wrong color and the trim was not dark enough. Let's just say I was "straight tripping".

Can you see the ugly colored shutters?


Day 100- First thing we noticed was our perfectly color coordinated house in all the colors we remember picking! I am so happy I didn't send an email to the PM last night about the color anxiety I was having. He definitely would have thought I was crazy.  Once we got to the front door we noticed the house had electricity and had the permanent lock. I take it we will have to start visiting during business hours only for the next 7 days. When we walked in all doors had handles and door stops on majority of the doors. Wall dings were taped to be corrected and a bob cat was outside getting ready to start the grading. All missing baseboards were added, and did I mention we had electricity? That was of course until I blew the fuse by trying to test the garbage disposal. I was positive I broke the house before we even owned it, but the PM ensured us that 2 of the breakers were acting wonky so the Electrician would be back out to repair it. He also informed us that evening they would be finishing grading on the property and tomorrow landscaping would be done. Hubby already had a conversation with the PM in regards to picking the location of the trees so we came back later this evening after grading was complete and hubby placed stakes in the yard.  On our way out we saw that whoever did the grading damaged and cracked the driveway on the edge. It has been pretty cold for Texas the past 2 days so the upper half of the driveway is not completely dry. It looks like the person drove on it or hit it while doing the grading or both.
Isn't she lovely?
 Pardon the screens do not belong in the kitchen, or the fact that the outlet covers have not been added  but it still looks gorgeous!
 Did you notice the missing cabinet is now installed?
 Me enjoying Standing on the back patio. Go Longhorns!!!


Our cracked driveway :(
 I think that our PM saw the cracked driveway, because the 'Do Not Park' block was added later that evening when we returned.

 Hubby and I made a pact that we will not go back in the house until our orientation, however we will drive by and see the landscaping progress tomorrow. :)

I can't believe that in 8 days, this home will be ours. Ahhhh!

Until next time,
-The Alexander's

4 comments:

  1. Your cabinets are beautiful---they look similar to the cabinet color I chose for my bathrooms. I also like your kitchen backsplash. I went back and forth on that option, but finally decided not to have the builder do it as I could probably get something nicer for the same price elsewhere.

    I don’t think your shutters are ugly…what color did you expect or want them to be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I absolutely love the shutters now. In the 1st picture they were this light brown color which I think how they come in from the factory. Later that day they were painted the dark brown they are supposed to be and look amazing. I thought your cabinets were like that dark Java color?!?! Our kitchen backsplash was included since we upgraded to granite countertops.

      Delete
    2. Well that's definitely a bonus....granite does not equal free blacksplash with Ryan :-( I thought my backsplash should have cost a little less since I have the double oven and thus less wall space to tile, but that's not how they saw it...

      Delete
    3. I honestly would have preferred the smaller tile pieces for backsplash, but the difference in price was ridiculous. So I just opted for one of the free options.

      Delete