Saturday, November 16, 2013

4 Days until closing!

Thursday we went by the house and the landscaping was complete as promised. I became pretty pissed after opening the kitchen cabinet under the sink and seeing a large hole in our cabinet floor. I also noticed that there were numerous, possibly little things, that have not been started let alone was there anyone there doing anything. I guess nobody else got the memo that we are supposed to close in less than a week.  As Hubby and I continued to walk around we saw that the dual thermostats had not been installed on either floor, nor had the breakers been completely repaired. What the hell?

After a frantic call to our PM he assured me that none of this would prevent us from closing on time and would all be resolved by Monday. He also scheduled our Pre-Settlement meeting for Monday at 10. We are both so excited!




Hubby drove by the house last night after work to get a picture of it all lit up.
 

Wish us luck on Monday and that there are no major findings. We're so ready to get out of this apartment and be in our home. 

Until Next Time,
-The Alexander's


10 comments:

  1. I hope all goes well....I'm sure it will. Congratulations, you're almost done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you!!! Did you find out what happened to the cabinet floor? That looks like a knee or elbow went through it. Are you packing?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one seems to know. It was perfectly fine up until a few days ago. I was thinking the same thing, because the plug to the dishwasher is under there and it had been unplugged up until a few days ago. I've been such a procrastinator and still haven't packed more than 1 box. Tomorrow and Tuesday are my off days so I am going to bust my butt getting this packing done.

      Delete
  3. Hi Alexanders, so nice to see your house READY TO GO! I don't remember the name of your model but it's a really cute design. I really like how the door sets back. Your exterior colors are awesome. It looks like you built a home in Florida. So beautiful. Congratulations on getting closing to closing; however, I must warn you! GET TO PACKIN! It's a beast. :-) sidebar: you may want to consider putting the long extended handles on your kitchen cabinets, if you like the contemporary style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called the 2239-C. Our builder KB homes just names after the square footage of that floorplan. Thank-You so much I am so in love with it. I am going to have to show hubby your comment about the handles for your cabinet. I told him that was what I wanted and think that will look best on the cabinets.However he thinks knobs will look best. I do not want knobs, and he already knows "Happy Wife, Happy Life" plus I do majority of the cooking! I started packing on Tuesday, and really have everything but the stuff that we are still using daily complete.

      Delete
  4. Hey Y'all (LOL)!!! I am so happy I found your blog. We are also in TX (San Antonio) and you are the first Texan bloggers we found :) Congratulations on closing today. I hope everything went well. Your house looks great and definitely reminds me of the homes here in SA. It is soooo funny that your husband is a Spurs fan :))) We also started a blog http://newhometx.blogspot.com/ check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Thanks! I am so happy you found me. I haven't been able to find anyone else from Texas. I will be sure to follow your blog. Spurs fan is an understatement, he is a loyal diehard Spurs fan. If ever they loose it is never their fault, it was the refs cheating them, a player injured someone, or a Spurs player suffering from an injury from when they were 2 months old. LOL

      Delete
  5. Congrats on closing were so happy for you all give us an update soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nadine! I am ready to see what your home looks like now that you all are moved in. I just now it is Fabulous!

      Delete