Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Whew it has been way to long- We've just been living the dream...

I apologize to all that we closed and left everyone hanging for the past month, but it has been CRAZY with all of our moving out the apartment, into our home, and prepping for the holidays. Despite all of the chaos, I loved every moment of it. We have both been living on a high from the joys of building and moving into our home. The first two weeks it almost felt as though we were living a dream, however every time I woke up I was still in it. Man such an amazing feeling it is to know you're living your dream! Please sit back and enjoy this long post mainly because of all the pictures.



We normally dress up the house really nice for the holidays, but this  year with all that was going on we didn't have the time nor energy. 

 
Who doesn't love a cute baby? This is a good friend's little man "Bray" that we had the honor of watching. As you can see we were torturing him by making him take pictures under our tree. He was such a good trooper.

The first 2 weeks we spent endless hours of attempting to unpack a portion of our life that were in what seemed like a million boxes and all throughout the house and garage. The hubs is so Type-A, and seriously had almost every necessity unpacked, every TV hooked up, and every other box in it's respective room within 5 days. Looking back I am grateful for his persistence, because it allowed us not to be stressed as we got closer to Christmas, being that I did sign us up to host Christmas dinner ;). For majority of our family, it was their first time visiting our new home. It was nice being able to have enough counter space for all of the food, outlets for all of the crock-pots, and space for all of  our family and friends. Having a loud entertainment system didn't hurt for those that wanted to enjoy whatever movie was playing either. We still have stuff to unpack and decorate, but that is mainly upstairs in the bedrooms loft area.

Part of Christmas dinner

Our fried turkey and some of the desserts
  
Our annual cookies that my niece Kenzie and I bake a day or 2 before Christmas

My sis-n-law and her man

Tequila and Crown royal shots before round 2 on the food 

Another sis-n-law and her hubby


The warranty guy for KB homes came out mid-December to go over our warranties, and schedule any outstanding issues. For the most part we haven't had many outstanding issues- only the flood light that the masons have to tear apart some of the brick on the garage and turn the light box the right way and then re-position the light properly. When the warranty guy came out we showed him that the sub-floor in the Master bedroom had some popping which made it unstable as well as in the upstairs hallway. I am not looking forward to having contractors in my house tearing up the carpet to fix the sub-floor however i'd rather have it fixed then worrying if me walking too hard is going to make something on our dressers fall. 

We are so grateful for all that God has blessed us with! Last year this time I never would have thought that we would be sitting in our brand new home, sipping coffee and listening to music as I shared my love for our home with others. 

Entryway/stairwell looking into the living area

Entryway/Stairwell, powder room, and office

Our powder room- I really love how the gray paint turned out


Kitchen, dinning, and living room

Upstairs loft. Pardon the unpacked boxes

Our Bedroom- that nightstand is on my diy project list for 2014 
 So close to our final walk-thru we noticed that the upgraded towel bars we paid for were not installed in the master bath and their was no mention of a refund or anything else. Actually as we looked around there was no room for any towel bars. What the f***? All of the loan documents had all be drawn, and if this item was removed at this  it would postpone our closing to another day. Uhm hell no. Long story short we negotiated another stagecoach light on our garage which would cost them more money then our upgrade cost plus interest for 30 years but I didn't care. This was their F up, not mine.They should have told us when they realized rather then thinking we wouldn't notice it. Either way they made good and added the extra light after closing. As a result of having no towel bars, hubby thought up the idea of having an extra tension rod a little lower that I could reach (don't laugh but i'm only 5'1) and we could hang our towels on. I would have preferred the towel bars, but this was definitely a genius substitute. He's so creative!!!
Our master bath. I should have pulled the shower curtain back so you can see how huge it is. 

Upstairs hallway outside of our bedroom

If you have a glass/ceramic top stove, you want this kit. I went to Home Depot after having some cooked on grease on our glass top that I could not get off. This product came highly recommended by a lady who said she used this on her stove and felt as though it was the best out there. I thought she was just trying to sell us a product but hell what did I have to lose besides $20? That was by far the best $20 ever spent on a cleaning product. This kit works wonders and restored our stove back to it's flawless, smudge free, shiny surface I once saw. 

I hope you enjoy our pictures and I wish you all a Happy and Prosperous New Year!!! I promise we will be back sooner rather than later. 

With lots of love,

-The Alexander's

1 comment:

  1. I love it! We have such an identical kitchen. Gonna get some of that cermabryte now too!

    ReplyDelete